Scuba Diving Companies Providing Scuba Tours and Lessons in Samoa
Samoa has something for everyone when it comes to scuba diving. Whether you’re a newbie to the dive scene or are certified and keen to dive through wrecks and coral gardens teeming with tiny nudibranchs to epic pelagics, not forgetting the token turtle, you’re in good hands with Samoa’s two dive operators. Compare what they offer in this guide to the best dive shops, operators and tours in Samoa.
5 Quick Tips for Diving in Samoa
- You need to be able to make your own way to dive shops, pick-ups are not provided
- Bring your dive certificate with you! Dive operators may be able to look up PADI certifications only
- If bringing your own gear, they must adhere to PADI standards
- For recreational dives, prices typically don’t include all of the rentals so don’t take prices at face value
- Dive courses and beginner dives typically include all dive equipment in the price.
Situated on the much more traditional island of Savai’i, Dive Savai’i is your go-to dive shop to make the most of the gorgeously pristine environments surrounding the island. They offer recreational dives, usually along with snorkelers on the tour, as well as beginner to professional PADI dive courses.
Their boat is stable and shaded, making for a comfortable ride in between dives. Expect a relaxed atmosphere yet multiple guides who are very safety conscious.
For certified divers, Dive Savai’i offers once-a-day boat trips, where you’ll either be the only divers or, most likely, joined by snorkelling groups; but divers will get a separate guide who is not only safety-conscious but attentively points out interesting things along the way.
Learn more about some of the dive sites visited in The Best Scuba Diving in Samoa: Top 10 Places to Scuba Dive.
PADI Dive Courses
- Discover Scuba Diving (Try Dive) – Get a taste of ocean scuba diving without taking a full course
- Open Water Course – Internationally recognised official certification
- Advanced Open Water Course – For Open Water certified divers looking to learn new skills
- EFR Emergency First Responder – Learn to save lives for divers and non-divers
- Rescue Diver Course – Build your confidence by training on how to deal with any situation affecting you or other divers
- Divemaster – Taking you from recreational to a dive professional
- Speciality Courses
– Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive
– Deep Diver
– Wreck Diver
– EAN Nitrox
– AWARE Coral Reef Conservation
– Digital Underwater Photographer
– Search and Recovery.
Again, find out more about getting dive certifications in Learn to Dive in Samoa: Where to Get Your Scuba Diving Certification.
[CLOSED] Pure Ocean
Update: Pure Ocean is no longer operating. This page will be updated when a new operator becomes available.
Located next to the Sheraton Samoa Beach Resort, Pure Ocean is a fully PADI-affiliated dive centre. They provide Discover Scuba (Try Dives), two-tank dives, morning and afternoon dives, as well as wreck dives. They also offer a huge range of PADI dive courses.
In addition, Pure Ocean has two comfortable dive boats and high-quality equipment including Aqualung BCDs, Apeks regulators, Aqualung full-foot fins and Aqualung Zephyr snorkels with valves for ease of breathing – the latter ideal if you join Pure Ocean on one of their snorkelling trips.
Find out more about getting dive certifications in Learn to Dive in Samoa: Where to Get Your Scuba Diving Certification.
More About Dive Shops and Operators in Samoa
That’s it for our guide to the best dive shops, operators and tours in Samoa. More dive operators will be added to the list when they become available. In the meantime, how about planning the rest of your epic excursion to paradise?
- The Best Time to Dive in Samoa
- The Best Snorkelling in Samoa: Top 10 Places to Snorkel
- 7 Best Snorkelling Tours in Samoa
Finally, for a variety of experiences in Samoa, don’t miss the 101 Best Things to Do in Samoa: The Ultimate List.